I’m introducing a regular column. Wednesday Web Wanderings (my clever take on www.) will be a place for me to share and comment on some sites, ideas and on the generally great places I find as I search the web so you won’t have to. Many will be design related but some won’t since the web offers so much of interest. If you have a topic you’d like me to explore or a great site you’ve discovered, let me know……for now, just click through some of these. I know you’ll be delighted, charmed, intrigued and inspired.
Design or Decorating Sites
- This design site is charming and has some intriguing inspiration boards showing how you can find a color scheme in nature. I presented a similar idea built around the currently popular Moss Green.
- Black and white – classic and dramatic. Whether in clothing, bedding, photographs or accessories, we love our black and white! I especially love the idea of this wastebasket made of recycled newspapers woven in a basketweave pattern - way cool!
- The Real Simple site (based on the magazine of the same name) is more than just a decorating place – it’s got recipes and fashion and more.
Other Inspiration Sites
- While I’m not usually much of a poetry lover, these short comments on our world are truly poetic. And the fact that they’re paired with such interesting photography makes this a site worth visiting on two fronts.
- Since I now live in Arizona, the Grand Canyon State, I thought it appropriate to share some stunning photography of this national treasure.
- It’s the height of summer and gardens at their best, filled with dahlias, sunflowers, lilies, daisies and more. The Garden Room celebrates beautiful gardens and outdoor rooms – if you’re a gardener, you’re sure to enjoy this site.