We created Your Decorating Hotline with the intention of providing online decorating help to the many people struggling with creating the home they desire – but just don’t know where to begin or how to overcome the obstacles.
Is This You?
- Do you struggle choosing accent colors?
- Are you stumped by how to coordinate adjacent rooms?
- Do you crave a cohesive color scheme throughout your home?
- Do you desire attractive accessory vignettes?
- Are you stymied on how to rearrange your furniture to better use the space?
- Do you wonder what drapery style would work best at your windows?
- Are you stuck when trying to decide what tile, what color, what finish, what furniture arrangement….wondering how to make your home say WOW?
We’re Your Best Resource
Although lots of online resources, bookstores and shelter magazines provide lovely photographs of beautiful rooms, they’re not always directly helpful to you, your room and your specific problems. Your Decorating Hotline offers decorating consultations at 3 different levels: a Color consultation, a Choose Your Dilemma package and Complete Consultation package. You decide which one works best for you!
Think of us as your own personal interior design team – but more affordable! Between us we have over 15 years design experience, making us a fabulous virtual design team and we offer excellent guidance and expert advice to help you make good decisions and avoid costly mistakes. Contact us today to get on our consultation schedule!
Of course we still offer free advice*, lots of free designer tips, and information on our daily blog posts as always. But if you find yourself wanting more details, more assistance and planning, specific resources, consider one of our three consulting options. (*Free advice is gladly offered on most questions submitted but is limited to basic information on a single dilemma or resources for further research on your own; no specific color recommendations, sketches, plans or elevations will be included.)
For about the price of a gallon of paint you receive:
- Specific (manufacturer, color name and number) color recommendations for one specific room or project (as outlined in your completed questionnaire)
- Guidelines on how to use color to create a cohesive look
- Information on how to successfully work with undertones
- Tips on how to pull your room together using color
“CHOOSE YOUR DILEMMA” CONSULTATION - $60
Our personalized “Choose Your Dilemma” consultation allows you to choose your single most distressing dilemma and ask for help. We will offer suggestions and advice to help you resolve the main issue you might be having in one specific area.
Sometimes you feel that you have the room decor well in hand except for one problem area: windows, flooring, furniture arrangement, whatever. You don’t need or want help with all aspects of the room – then this is the consultation for you. We’ll send you a short questionnaire requesting some basic information about the problem – where you need help with the room, dimensions, what you like about the room, color preferences, etc. Then we will provide you a thorough plan filled with specific solutions personalized just for you. We’ll bring a fresh viewpoint to your space and help you see it in an all new way.
- Specific (manufacturer, item name/number) product or color recommendations, if applicable
- Floor plan to scale addressing your concerns and maximizing your space, if applicable (* can only apply to existing furnishings, we won’t make suggestions for new purchases)
- Sketches, drawings or resource lists to solve the particular dilemma you have, as applicable
COMPLETE CONSULTATION PACKAGE - $150
The expanded Complete Consultation package includes everything you’ll need to pull together your space AND includes 2 personal phone calls in which you can get clarification of our recommendations. Working from the questionnaire, photos, and dimensions that you provide, we’ll answer all your questions and give you a complete room plan (often with multiple options). We’ll reuse the items you want to keep and make suggestions about what needs to be added or changed. Cindy and I are very good at visualizing spaces and conceptualizing plans. That helps us when working long distance with you to develop a plan that really works for your space.
- Two personal phone calls: one to discuss your project needs and clarify information on your questionnaire and one following delivery of your design package so you may ask questions and clarify our design guidance.
- Specific color recommendations and assistance with placing color in your space for maximum impact (*$30 value as above)
- Floor plan addressing your concerns and maximizing your space
- Expanded (more details) inspiration board integrating items you want to keep as well as suggested items to complete the room: multiple options of seating/bed, window coverings, lighting, accessories/art, side tables, flooring, pillows, etc. in a visual format
- A complete shopping list of all items used in the inspiration board with web addresses/links and prices
If you’re interested in help with a larger project or want us as consultants for an extended time, please contact us to talk about a fee structure. No project is too big (or small). We can help with multiple rooms, help you develop a cohesive scheme for your whole home, help develop a plan for an office, an outdoor space or help you work through a remodel.
We’re Here to Help You
Our ultimate goal hasn’t changed – Your Decorating Hotline is here to help you, guide you, inspire you to create the home environment you desire. We’re just expanding the ways we can accomplish that. Contact us today to explore your options: solutions@YourDecoratingHotline.com. We look forward to helping you!
We are able to accept payment via Paypal – click here to purchase.
We guarantee that we’ll give you our full attention and bring all our combined expertise to providing a successful completion for your project. We’ll do our very best to ensure you have the help you need and all your questions answered.